Child psychologist Dr Rose Mini Adi Prianto, M.Psi confirm the office is not the place for children. "Unless there is a daycare. Since the office is not a daycare, we have to make him comfortable," says the woman who was familiarly called Romi's mother when talking with wolipop in his office on Jl. Ampera, Cilandak, South Jakarta, recently.
How to make the child comfortable? Of course, depending on age. Romi example if your child is as young as toddlers, they should prepare a place to sleep. However children still need time to rest.
Besides it is also equally important to make sure you notice is the presence of children does not disturb others. "Because his name working place everyone wants to work. If we want to be bothered to be bothered," he explained.
In preparation if someday forced to bring children to the office, here are some other things you need to consider:
- Ask your boss for permission before bringing the child to the office.
- Tell your child what he should do and what not to do while in office. Use this opportunity to teach children about your profession.
- Give children simple tasks done by his age appropriate. You can schedule exciting activities to do, such as the 'tour' around the office and introduced him to your friends, so he feels welcome and familiar.
- Prepare an alternative activity when he is tired, as you take the picture book, crayons or favorite games to prevent boredom.
- Bring lunch his favorite foods, including fruit and snacks. It could close his mouth for whining along your work.
- Try to shorten the time to work and came home earlier than usual. You can also eat lunch outside the office so that children are not saturated long in office.